The Community Homeschool Center is open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10am-3pm. Opening day for Fall 2014 is Wednesday, September 3.
The CHC is a Membership Facility for Homeschooler, by Homeschoolers. Members can use the facility for any purpose during its hours of operation.
Organizations and groups that make use of the CHC: Classical Conversations, Aggieland Homeschool Sports, BVCHEA, Triumph, HSIZ, Multiple Co-Ops, American Heritage Girls, Private Classes, Mom Support Groups, Prayer Meetings, eClub (Entrepreneur Club), and more!
The Community Homeschool Center (CHC) employs managers that are present during all operation hours to allow you and your family to enjoy the coffee & snacks, Curriculum/Resource Center, homeschool classes by area instructors, group & individual study areas, Nursery Area, and Social Support Time through visiting and enjoying one another.
All members have access to:
1) A local gathering place for all homeschoolers (that is convenient to all sorts of shops!)
2) Study areas for individual or group study
3) Nursery/Social area for moms & younger siblings
4) Coffee, easy, low cost snacks, a place to eat lunch, or take a break during errands and classes
5) FREE First Friday events: Lego Club, Chess, Seminars & free classes on Wednesdays at 10am (eClub, Latin, and Bible memory)
6) FREE Curriculum Swap on First Fridays
7) Opportunity to sell your homemade goods, books, or products, for only $5/table a day
8) Safe, healthy, hangout location for homeschoolers ages 12 and up (without adult)
Family Membership is only $50/year (+$10/each enrolled student)
Individual Student Membership is $30/year.
(payable by semester if necessary)
CLASS SIGN UP
To sign up for classes, contact each teacher. Each class has separate fees and tuition guidelines. You can usually find the info with a quick post search on the CHC Yahoo Group E-loop. CHC offers classroom space to anyone who would like to conduct a class for the low cost of $5/hour for smaler spaces, and $8/hour for the larger classroom areas in the back. (Not for profit classes do not pay classroom rent.)
To become a member, come to any or all of these times and fill out a membership form. CHC accepts Checks or Cash, or PayPal to email@example.com
Where? Located in the Facility of LifeChurch, behind the JoAnn Fabrics store in the Tejas Center on Villa Maria and Texas Avenue.
725 E Villa Maria Rd
Bryan, TX 77802
**Please do not send correspondence to this address. We will be adding a mailing address soon. For the time being, “contact us” by email for the current physical address. Thank you!